What is Storj?
Storj is a cloud storage service that offers users an unprecedented level of security and privacy.
Instead of relying on a single server to store your files, Storj breaks each upload into 80 distinct pieces and distributes them across multiple storage points around the world.
This makes it virtually impossible for hackers to gain access to your data. Furthermore, the service utilizes advanced encryption protocols to ensure that all data is kept safe and secure.
In terms of usability, Storj provides a straightforward user experience with easy-to-use tools for uploading, downloading, and managing files.
The service also offers competitive pricing plans that make it an attractive option for those looking for an affordable yet reliable cloud storage solution.
Storj's key features include...
- Breaking data in 80 pieces distributed across 84 countries
- Only 29 fragments are needed to recompose data
- Strong encryption using AES-256
- Node communication secured with TLS/SSL protocols
Storj offers great value and some free introductory plans.
Their free plan has 150GB of storage and 150 GB of bandwidth per month.
The pro plan costs from $4 per TB of data and $7 per TB of bandwidth.
The subscription tier allows users to pay only for what they need, with the first 150GB of storage and bandwidth being completely free.
After the cap is reached, the cost breaks down to $4/month for every TB added to your plan, and $7/month for every added bandwidth TB.
This makes it easy for users to scale up or down as needed without having to worry about overspending on unnecessary features.
1. Affordable: Storj claims it is 75% cheaper than centralized cloud storage providers such as Amazon S3 and Azure.
2. Secure: Information is encrypted end to end and stored across a decentralized network of nodes in the form of shards.
3. Private: Users retain control over their data by owning their encryption keys.
4. Scalable: Storj’s distributed architecture enables it to scale quickly and efficiently, – an advantage over Google Cloud or AWS that rely on large centralised server farms.
5. Fault Tolerant: Unlike traditional clouds which are vulnerable to single points of failure, Storj designed its system to be resilient in the face of hardware failure, ensuring maximum up-time for users’ applications and services hosted with the platform.
1. Slower Transfer Speeds. Storj is not as fast as traditional cloud storage due to its decentralized nature and the need to rely on peer-to-peer connections.
2. Costly Infrastructure. Having a shared network means that users must invest in infrastructure to support it, such as storage space, internet connection and computing resources.
3. Lack of Regulations & Standards. Since Storj is relatively new, there are few regulations or standards that govern its operations, making it harder for users to trust their data with the platform.
Is Storj a scam?
No, we do not believe that Storj is a scam. They work with reputable brands and have a high approval rate form their users.
How to get started with Storj
Head to the Storj website and click on "get started".
You'll be taken to a registration page where you'll be led through the steps to get your free 150GB storage account.
Follow the steps and you'll soon be up and running with a free Storj account.