AI generated images are coming to NFTs - Is this a good thing?
Revel.xyz, the digital collections platform, just announced a partnership with Stability AI.
They're launching something called Animai which enables users to create animated avatars from a single image and use them as part of their collection on the Revel.xyz app or as their profile picture.
Stability AI's generative AI authoring for consumers has made it possible for people without any animation experience to create and own digital assets. Animai is the first social platform to launch generative AI authoring for consumers with Stability AI.
With Animai, Revel.xyz has bridged the gap I think we all knew was coming. AI images for the NFT collectors out there. Will it be a good thing or not? We'll share some thoughts on that in a second, for now, let's look at the details.
Revel.xyz and Stability AI Partnership
Revel.xyz is one of the more popular digital collectible platforms. And Stability AI is one of th ebest AI image generation tools.
Together, it appears to be a great match. Animai uses Stable Diffusion, an open-source development of generative AI, to create unique and personalized animations that users can add to their digital collectibles.
With Revel, users can then add these images as a collectible to sell on their platform. Here's a video from the Revel team about what this actually means.
This l;ooks like it's goingt o basically open the floodgates. A lot of people who might not have had the ability to animate and design their own NFTs can now do so in just a few clicks.
Let's look at the key details of Animai.
Features of Animai
The Animai app uses a single image of the user's face to create a 3D model that can be customized with various hairstyles, outfits, and accessories. It offers...
- Simple and intuitive interface that makes it easy for users to create their avatars in minutes
- Advanced facial recognition technology that captures the user's unique facial features and expressions
- Customizable hairstyles, outfits, and accessories that allow users to create avatars that reflect their style and personality
- Realistic animations that bring the avatars to life and make them feel like a natural extension of the user
What are the positives of this?
This is basically opening the door for anyone who doesn't have the skill to design their own digital collections. Amyone with a little bit of creativity will be able to set up a collection and sell it to their audience. With it, you'll be able to...
- Express yourself in a fun and creative way by creating a personalized avatar that reflects your style and personality
- Stand out from the crowd with an avatar that is unique and eye-catching
- Use your avatar in various social media platforms, games, and other applications to make your online presence more engaging and memorable
- Experience the latest advancements in AI technology that make it possible to create realistic and lifelike avatars that feel like a natural extension of the user
What are the negatives of Animai
But it's not going to be the "click this button for success" a lot of people might think it is.
Yes, it will make the creation process easier. but there's still a lot that goes into the successful creation of a digital collection. Things that Animai cannot help with yet.
We're talking key tasks like...
- Growing a community
- Building your online presence
- Being able to sell items to that community
- Listening to the community and adapting what you offer them to their desires
Animai is a simple creation tool. Not a "print money now" button.
You're going to need to focus on the business building aspects if you want to succeed with it.
The biggest fault with Animai?
I've made no secret of the fact that I don't believe simple PFPs have a big future in NFTs or Web3.
There will always be some collectors. And that's great.
But without utility, I can't see simple collectibles getting back to the level NFTs were at at the height of the "make money with NFTs" boom in 2021.
While the inclusion of Animai will make it easier to create NFTs, I can't see it solving the larger problems of a lack of utility which, often, leads to a lack of longevity and floor prices that bottom out.
I mean, the best and most successful NFT collections all focus on utility.
However, I will admit that this removes a lot of the barriers to entry for NFT collection. And if you could couple your Revel collection with a tool like Tropee to add more utility, you could be on to a winner.
Will that happen though?
We'll have to wait and see.
The information provided on DecentReviews does not constitute investment advice, financial advice, trading advice, or any other sort of advice. Do not treat any of the websites content as such. DecentReviews does not recommend that any cryptocurrency or blockchain asset should be bought, sold, or held by you. Conduct your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any investment decisions.